Development Services
Bylaw Enforcement

Filing a Complaint

A person with a complaint will be asked to provide information such as their name, address, telephone number, name and address of the alleged violator and the nature of the complaint. Complaints may be made in person or by phoning or writing City Hall.

Your complaint will be forwarded to the appropriate staff member for follow-up.

Please note that City staff treats the identity of the complainant in a confidential manner.

City staff will generally attempt to resolve bylaw violation issues directly with the violator. Failing satisfactory resolution of the bylaw contravention the City may pursue legal action against the violator or the violator may be fined under the Municipal Ticketing Information System.

Bylaws Enforced By Development Services

Development Services is responsible for administering and enforcing the following: