The Castlegar Fire Department works out of a new centrally located fire hall which they first occupied in May, 1999. This 14,000 square foot building includes an administration and dispatch area, kitchen/lounge facility, training room/emergency operations centre, weight room, training tower and workshop. Three pumpers and a rescue truck are housed in the 6 drive-thru bays. This building is also equipped with an emergency power generator.
In addition, a satellite fire hall located at the West Kootenay Regional Airport Airport houses an Amertek crash truck and an emergency spill response trailer.
Engine #1 - 2003 Spartan Superior E1
Engine #2 - 1995 Volvo, Purchased from Anderson Engineering Ltd. in Langley, 1050 gpm Hale pump and also services as a Tender.
Engine #3 - 1987 Ford, Purchased from Anderson Engineering Ltd. in Langley, 1050 gpm Hale pump
Red 2 - 1988 Amertek Airport Crash Truck 4X4
Rescue 1 - 1999 Ford 450 4X4 built by Emergency Response Systems Inc. (ERS) of Langley. It is used for highway rescue and first response medical calls
ETV - 1995 Ford 4X4 Emergency Transport Unit
Command 1 - 2003 Dodge Durango 4X4
Command 2 - 2008 Dodge Ram 4X4 pickup
Command 3 - 2014 Dodge Ram 1500 4X4
Antique 1 - 1923 White LaFrance - Purchased new in 1923 by the Tadanac fire department. Sold to the Village of Kinnaird (now Castlegar south) in 1948 then sold to Waldies Mill. Returned to Castlegar Fire Department in 1988 and restored by Castlegar Firefighters.
Antique 2 - 1952 Mercury LaFrance, Purchased new by the Castlegar Fire Department given to Celgar Pulp Company in 1978 served until 1993 when it was donated back to the Castlegar Fire Department presently being restored by the Castlegar Firefighters