Waste Management, City of Castlegar’s curbside collection provider, will adjust garbage and recycling collection dates during the holiday season.
This adjustment is required to align with holiday operations at the Ootischenia landfill where Castlegar garbage is taken as well as the Waste Management recycling facility in Brilliant.
During the week of December 25, curbside garbage collection will be done the day after the regularly scheduled pick-up. Adjusted collection dates will be changed from:
- Monday, December 26 to Tuesday, December 27
- Tuesday, December 27 to Wednesday, December 28
- Wednesday, December 28 to Thursday, December 29
- Thursday, December 29 to Friday, December 30
The week of January 1, 2023, curbside recycling collection will be done the day after the regularly scheduled pick-up. Adjusted collection dates will be changed from:
- Monday, January 2 to Tuesday, January 3
- Tuesday, January 3 to Wednesday, January 4
- Wednesday, January 4 to Thursday, January 5
- Thursday, January 5 to Friday, January 6
Normal garbage and recycling collection will resume the week of January 8, 2023. Find the 2023 schedule on the City’s website at www.castlegar.ca/collectionschedule.
Sign up for Recycle Coach to be notified of schedule changes and to learn about what can and cannot be recycled. Get it in the Google Play Store or download it from the Apple App Store.