Information Technology Departments work largely behind-the-scenes, but still provide a core service which is essential to the operation of any modern organization, especially one the size and complexity of the City of Castlegar.
- Ensuring all day-to-day operation and communication systems between City Staff, Mayor/Council, service providers, external organizations and stakeholders and the residents of Castlegar are operating thoroughly and efficiently at all times
- Providing reliable IT infrastructure to every department, administrator and project related to the City of Castlegar
- Building secure systems in order to support information security and abide by stringent privacy requirements
- Upholding the Mayor and Council’s commitment to environmental stewardship by implementing a largely paperless approach to governance
- Maintaining the City website, email accounts, Facebook, Twitter and other social media channels
For a summary of Information Technology department achievements and objectives, refer to The City of Castlegar’s 2016 Annual Report.
David Bristow, Information Technology Manager
460 Columbia Avenue
Castlegar, B.C. V1N 1G7
2016 Annual Report
annual-report-2016.pdf [2.5 MB]
Last Changed: Mar 15, 2018 07:29am