Apply for a Park Use or Parade Permit
Park Use and Parade Permits authorize an individual, group, or organization to carry out a specific activity within City of Castlegar boundaries.
The permits outline the specific conditions under which the proposed activity may occur. Examples inlude:
- concerts or festivals
- community or fundraising events
- special events such as a wedding, family reunion, or other ceremony
Events and parades require additional authorization by City staff due to potential impacts on City facilities and resources. General liability insurance naming the City of Castlegar as an additional insured is required for events and parades.
It is the responsibility of the event organizer to:
- Apply for a Park Use or Parade Permit at least one month in advance of the event.
- Obtain liability insurance in the minimum amount of $5,000,000 for the event to include naming the City of Castlegar as an additional insured on the policy.
- Abide by all City of Castlegar Bylaws including Bylaw 622 – Noise Control and Bylaw 698 – Park Administration.
- Make arrangements for appropriate certified traffic control for any events on City streets to direct traffic along alternate routes.
- Provide the City with a traffic control plan if required.
For further information and application requirements contact the Corporate Services department at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 250-365-8953.