April 19, 2021 Council Highlights
- Destination Castlegar presented to Council on its current and upcoming work.
- Council recognized the great work of the Castlegar Hospice Society Executive Director, Suzanne Lehbauer, who has been awarded a 2020 BC Health Care Hero merit award.
- Council supported lighting the Kinnaird overpass blue and green during May for Cystic Fibrosis Awareness Month.
- Council received an operational update from Castlegar & District Community Services on the temporary warming shelter.
- Council gave Revenue Anticipation Bylaw No. 1351 a first, second, and third reading. This Bylaw allows the City to access short-term financing, in the form of a line of credit, with the Municipal Finance Authority, to cover operating expenses until the City receives its major source or revenue, property taxes, later in the year.
Watch the video from the meeting here.
For more information, contact:
firstname.lastname@example.org or 250.304.8133