Council Highlights - June 14, 2021
- Two Public Hearings were held regarding:
- the development of a six-unit multi-family development, in partnership with Habitat for Humanity, on a City-owned parcel located at 560 8th Street; and
- a site-specific amendment for three properties located on 7th Avenue to increase the allowable maximum lot coverage and the maximum gross floor area ratio to accommodate the development of single-family dwellings.
- Council supported the Castlegar & District Community Services Society’s unsheltered homeless proposal to provide outreach services for four months.
- Council approved the City’s 2021 Statement of Financial Information. It will be submitted to the Ministry of Municipal Affairs and is available at castlegar.ca.
- Council approved a four-month extension to the West Kootenay Regional Airport Operations and Maintenance Service Agreement to complete the tender process.
- The Castlegar Wetlands and Recreation Area Community Group presented to Council regarding preserving green space, trails and wetlands in the Kinnaird area.
- MP Richard Cannings discussed local concerns and federal issues with Council.
- Council supported the request from Stanley Humphries Secondary School to host the 2021 graduation showcase activities.
- Council adopted Zoning Amendment Bylaw 1347 in support of Application R-2/21 for site-specific amendment for three properties to increase the allowable maximum lot coverage and gross floor area ratio to accommodate the development of 3 single-family dwellings.
- Council passed the first three readings of the following Bylaws:
- Columbia Ave. Complete Streets Project Phase 2 Loan Authorization Bylaw 1348
- Columbia Ave. Complete Streets Project Phase 2 Temporary Borrowing Bylaw 1349
- Wildlife Attractant Control Amendment Bylaw 1358
- Council passed two readings, and referred to Public Hearing, Zoning Amendment Bylaw 1359 – to change the zoning of 3705 Columbia Avenue from Public and Institutional Zone (P-1) to Single Residential (R-1).
For more information, contact: