If you're looking for information on the Coronavirus disease (COVID-19), visite these websites for up-to-date and official information:
Interior Health Authority - http://bit.ly/2PO1qOT
BC Centre for Disease Control - http://bit.ly/2IhajMP
Public Health Agency of Canada - http://bit.ly/2wxaG3i
The Public Health Agency of Canada hotline is 1-833-784-4397. B.C. residents can call HealthLink BC 8-1-1 at any time to speak directly with a health care provider.
We would also like to remind you of the following suggested preventative measures from The World Health Organization:
- Wash your hands frequently - Regularly and thoroughly clean your hands with an alcohol-based hand rub or wash them with soap and water.
- Maintain social distancing - Maintain at least 2 metres (6 feet) distance between yourself and anyone who is coughing or sneezing.
- Avoid touching eyes, nose and mouth - Hands touch many surfaces and can pick up viruses. Once contaminated, hands can transfer the virus to your eyes, nose or mouth. From there, the virus can enter your body and can make you sick.
- Practice respiratory hygiene - Make sure you, and the people around you, follow good respiratory hygiene. This means covering your mouth and nose with your bent elbow or tissue when you cough or sneeze. Then dispose of the used tissue immediately.
- If you have a fever, cough and difficulty breathing, seek medical care early - Stay home if you feel unwell. If you have a fever, cough and difficulty breathing, seek medical attention and call in advance. Follow the directions of your local health authority.