Apply for a Work on City Right-of-Way Permit
Residents, contractors, and utilities need to complete a Work on City Right-of-Way (ROW) permit if they are working on a boulevard or City road or property. This helps the City understand and address potential impacts to residents, businesses and commuters.
You should complete a permit if you:
- are parking equipment or materials on a city boulevard or street
- need to excavate outside your property limits, or are completing work in a boulevard or park space
- are setting up a crane or truck for loading and unloading materials
- placing a dumpster in a boulevard during demolition work
- operating an excavator or other equipment from City property for work on private property
As part of the permit, you will need a map showing the work you are doing and the area impacted, date and time of the work to be completed, information on how you will manage traffic, if applicable, and proof of insurance.