Skip to main content

Animal Control

The City of Castlegar contracts out animal control to the BC SPCA’s regional branch, the BC SPCA West Kootenay.

Domestic animal (dogs, cats) complaints or concerns should be directed to:

BC SPCA West Kootenay

Pest (rats, racoons, skunks) complaints or issues should be dealt with by private pest control companies.

Wildlife (such as bears, elk, coyotes) complaints or conflicts should be directed to:

WildSafeBC Castlegar Coordinator


Conservation Officer Services / Report All Poachers and Polluters (RAPP)

Copyright © 2023 City of Castlegar, all rights reserved.