Skip to main content

Report a Bylaw Violation

If you have a City of Castlegar Bylaw complaint (e.g. unsightly property, wildlife attractant, noise), you can submit a Bylaw Violation Complaint.

You can also contact the City of Castlegar’s Bylaw Enforcement Officer directly at or 250-365-8963.

Examples of Bylaw issues include:

  • unsightly property
  • wildlife attractant (garbage, unkept fruit trees)
  • noise
  • parking

Animal Control issues should be reported to the West Kootenay BC SPCA.

Information collected through our online form or through our Bylaw Enforcement Officer will be held in confidence, and would not be released unless it is absolutely required to be revealed through any ensuing litigation process.

Bylaw enforcement complaints are of non-emergency nature and a response may take up to 5 business days.

For complaints occurring after business hours such as noise, unsafe parking or active vandalism, reports should be directed to the Castlegar RCMP detachment’s non-emergency line at 250-365-7721.

Contact Details


Bylaw Complaint Details

MM slash DD slash YYYY
Address of Alleged Violation(Required)
Provide a brief description of the nature of alleged violation. Include other relevant dates.

Copyright © 2023 City of Castlegar, all rights reserved.