Request Property Information
A Property Information Request allows the development community and the public to obtain information regarding properties in the City of Castlegar.
A Property Letter can be useful when purchasing a property. Property Letters provide access to property records and information related to properties while ensuring that the privacy of property owners is protected. There is no guarantee that the City will have records on file for all properties.
Please be made aware that it may take up to 10 business days to respond to your request based on the complexity of the information available. There is a $50 fee for a Property Letter that can be paid via cash, cheque or debit at City Hall once the property letter is completed.
Information that will be included in the Property Letter:
- zoning designation
- Official Community Plan Land Use designation
- whether a Development Permit is registered on title
- any outstanding work orders or outstanding notices of violation regarding permits and licences on file
- building permits issued
- whether the property is designated as within the Agricultural Land Reserve
- any outstanding work orders or outstanding notices of violation or deficiency related to the Interior Health Authority on file
- any outstanding breaches of fire regulations on file
- if the property is serviced with City utilities