Bid on a City Tender
Castlegar maintains a competitive bidding process in accordance with BC Municipal and Provincial laws, with opportunities posted to the BC Bid website.
City of Castlegar bidding opportunities and related documents are posted on the BC Bid website. It is the responsibility of the bidder to monitor and check for updates.
Bidders are solely responsible for ensuring any addenda are downloaded from the BC Bid website, reviewed and included in their bid.
Questions regarding specifications shall be directed to the City’s Representative named in the bid documents.
Bidders must refer to the bid documents for the terms governing the bid process. Bids / proposals / quotations shall be prepared and submitted at the sole expense of the bidder and without cost to the City of Castlegar. All bids / proposals / quotations received by the City become the property of the City and as such are subject to BC’s Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act.
Requirements for Proponents
The City of Castlegar requires the following minimum documentation if you are providing services to the City:
- federal, provincial, or municipal permits when applicable
- Commercial General Liability insurance on an occurrence basis for third party bodily injury, personal injury and property damage, to an inclusive limit of not less than $2,000,000 per occurrence and including products and completed operations liability; the City of Castlegar must be added as an additional insured under this policy
- Professional Liability in an amount no less than $2,000,000 insuring the Contractor’s liability resulting from errors and omissions in the performance of professional services under the contract
- Automobile Liability on all vehicles owned, operated, or licensed in the name of the Contractor in an amount not less than $2,000,000
The minimum requirements may vary depending on the specific requirements of the project.
Other documentation requirements include:
- proof of business licence to practice within the City of Castlegar or West Kootenay Inter-Community Business Licence
- letter of good standing with WorkSafe BC
- copy of Contractor’s current Safety Plan & Policies
Vendors will be required to complete an Electronic Fund Transfer (EFT) Application form. Approved payments for invoices will be electronically transferred to the bank account supplied. Please submit invoices to the City by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.