City Council Meetings / Minutes / Videos
Castlegar Council agendas, minutes, and live Zoom / recorded videos of meetings are available online. You can also attend a Council meeting in-person.
Appear Before Council
If you are interested in approaching City Council regarding an action, idea, project or concept, see Appear Before City Council.
- Regular meetings of City Council are held on the first and third Monday of each month (except for the months of July and August when meetings are only held once per month, usually on the second Monday of the month).
- Committee of the Whole Meetings commence at 3:00 pm and Regular Council Meetings commence at 7:00 pm, and are held in the Community Forum, #101 – 445 13th Avenue.
- The complete agenda package for Regular Council meetings is available online on Friday before the Council meeting.
- Notice of the meeting is posted on the website as a Public Notice and on the Public Notice Board at City Hall.
- The City broadcasts open meetings on Zoom – for information on how to attend please view the meeting agenda.
From time to time it is necessary to call a Special Council meeting. In such cases, 24 hour notice of the meeting is given by posting a notice on the Public Notice Board at City Hall and on the City of Castlegar website.
Public hearings allow affected citizens to provide their views to their elected representatives on planning and land use Bylaws. Public hearings are scheduled as required. The public hearing process and requirements are governed by BC’s Local Government Act.
Prior Council Meetings
Council meeting agenda, minutes, and videos since 2020 are available via the links below. For agendas / minutes prior to 2020 please contact City Hall [how?].